...is a mobile phone like iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Symbian offering advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality. Smartphones run operating system software which provides a standardized user interface and platform for software applications. Smartphones have advanced features like e-mail, Internet, e-book reader capabilities, enhanced video camera, touch screen keyboards and much more. In short, Smartphones are miniature computers that have phone capabilities. The demand for these advanced mobile devices which boast powerful processors, abundant memory, large screens and open operating systems has outpaced the rest of the mobile phone market and is anticipated to continue for years to come.
...is a multi-function mobile phone that was designed and marketed by Apple Inc. in 2007. The popularity of this revolutionary device is constantly growing due to its technological flexibilities making iPhone application development very popular in the field of iPhone app dev. Having started in the U.S., the iPhone is confidently taking positions on the world market of electronics. iPhone’s game-changing touch-interface has for the first time created a product that is revolutionizing the usage of mobile devices due to it’s ability to adapt to it’s user’s experience. This has opened up the doors for a wide range of applications to be ported to the iPhone and companies across the globe have started building an iPhone roadmap into their customer relationship management strategies with the growing field of iPhone application development. Appiction encourages potential minds to convey their iPhone app ideas to us so that we can help iPhone app developers bridge the gap between their ideas and the market!
...is a line of wireless handheld devices that was introduced in 1999 as a two-way pager. In 2002, the more commonly known smartphone BlackBerry was released, which supports push e-mail, mobile telephone, text messaging, internet faxing, web browsing and other wireless information services as well as a multi-touch interface. Developed by the Canadian company Research In Motion (RIM), it delivers information over the wireless data networks of mobile phone service companies. We encourage you to come up with stellar ideas for blackberry application development.
...or “Apps” are software products built for Apple iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and others and have grown in popularity since the recent growth of Smartphones due to amazing success in mobile app development domain. Resourceful apps like iPhone business applications are popular due to the ubiquity of web browsers, and the convenience of using a web browser as a client. The ability to update and maintain web applications without distributing and installing software on potentially thousands of client computers is a key reason for their popularity, as is the inherent support for cross-platform compatibility. This opens up a new marketing and brand-building channel for marketers and organizations looking to interact with mobile users on a one-to-one basis. Downloaded directly to the phone, mobile apps leverage and interact with the unique features of the operating system to give consumers a richer experience thereby adding more value to the field of smartphone application development. Plus, the ability to include Location Based Services (LBS) and user preference settings ensures a more personal experience.
...is a service for the iPhone and iPod Touch created by Apple Inc. which allows users to browse and download applications from the iTunes Store. Depending on the application, they are available either for free, or for a small cost. As of July 14, 2009, there are over 65,000 third-party applications officially available for the iPhone and iPod Touch on the App Store.
...include webmail, online retail sales, online auctions, wikis and many other functions. Once developed, an iPhone application is deployed through Apple which manages all iPhone applications through its online App Store. Before an application is placed on the App Store, Apple must review and approve each application. iPhone app developers are then able to set a price point for their applications, of which the developers (you) receive 70% of the profits from all downloads and Apple receives the other 30% for distributing your App.